The other night, I made a recipe that I thought was tastey and pretty (Thanks to Rachael Ray). Since cooking is one of my favorite things to do, I thought it might be fun to have a recipe on here once in awhile. So, hope you can enjoy this one sometime.
Wild Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms and Pecans
3 oz. wild rice (about 1//2 cup)
1/2 pound orzo pasta
2 TB butter
1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 TB chopped fresh sage
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
Half of a 15.5 oz can chickpeas, drained
Salt
1. Cook the wildrice according to package directions; transfer to a large bowl. Meanwhile, in a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the orzo until al dente, drain. Add to the wild rice.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the pecans and sage and cook, stirring frequently, until the nuts are toasted and the mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the peas and chickpeas. Add the vegetable mixture to the orzo misture; season with salt.
2 comments:
It all looks SOOO good!!!
I think I am going to try it this week.
I don't really care about your recipe, but I saw an interesting statistic today on the drudge report that you guys would find interesting.
There are now 40,000 people in Japan over the age of 100. The highest amount and percentage of any country in history. Maybe it's all the hibachi grilled food.
Post a Comment