We hosted our "annual" pumpkin party a couple weeks ago. I put "annual" in quotations because we haven't done it for the past two years. But it's something we started at our old house and wanted to continue so we got around to planning it this year. It was fun as always! Everybody brings their own pumpkins to either carve or paint. Everybody brings food to share and my sister Heidi, and my sister-in-law Marie and I made chili. It was a fun night! Here are some pictures from the evening.
My nephew, Joe working on his pumpkin

Another nephew, Drew paining this pumpkin...he was all business

Here is the kids' painting station.

Darci at work among Cade, Cole and Caleb (someday, when she's older, this would either be an amazing evening or annoying...depending on if she thinks boys are cool or not)

More artists

The adults working on their pumpkins

We had some amazing carvings again this year

Another little nephew, Will working on his pumpkin

Clint was very serious about getting his pumpkin right.

Here the contestants put in their candles and make their last adjustments before the judging begins.

I think this was the hardest year to pick a winner. All of the pumpkins were just so great. Everybody votes for one as most creative and one for most beautiful/artistic. It was actually a very close race this year. The winners were:
Jay: most artistic Jarod: most creative
The prizes were apple pies made by me...I know, maybe not the most exciting prize but it works.

Here are the pumpkins

I wish you could see all of these with lights in them and the lights off...they just look even better.

"Boo!"

Thanks to everyone who came. Hope we can do it again next year.
4 comments:
fun times. I am glad we got your pie this year. it was very yummy and we hope to win again next year. haha
Looks like so much fun! Wish so bad we could have been able to come! Cant wait till next year!
Thank YOU for the great time!
Such a fun time! Glad we could finally make it! Thanks for being such a great hostess!
Post a Comment