I first found the sight when I was making a cookbook for Matt's Grandma's recipes. It was so user friendsly and so fun. And best of all the software was free! You just go to their website and download the Booksmart software. You design your book at your own pace and then when it is finished, upload it to their bookstore. Then you buy the book from them.After having such a positive experience with making the cookbook, I decided to make my blog posts into books. Since I don't do a good job keeping my photo albums filled or writing in baby books, this is probably the best source for me to keep our memories in hard copies.
It was so simple because Blurb can come to blogger and "slurp" your blog for all the posts that you want to use. Then you can arrange the books how you like.
Here are a few pictures of the books I've made from the past couple years of blog posts.
You can buy the books in soft cover like I did, hard cover with a jacket or hard cover with the image wrap. The last option obviously looks the best but is also the most expensive.
For Christmas I got the hard back versions of my blog books for my Dad. He is the hardest person to buy for because he never needs anything and always says we shouldn't spend money on him. But he loved the gift. It was so fun to be able to give him something I had made. Since then he's told me how much he has enjoyed reading through my thoughts and he feels like he has gotten to know me better through it.
So anyway, I just thought I'd share the info on this fun little sight in case some of you other bloggers would like to have your blogs slurped and made into a book! Enjoy!
To go to the sight, just click on the "blurb" logo at the top!
11 comments:
i did my book, too, because of you. it didn't look half as good as yours. but i'm glad you gave me the site. it was so easy. :)
by the way, did you use the formatted options, or did you arrange it yourself?
hey Shar,
I used their pre-formatted pages but put them in the book in whatever order I wanted. I didn't just pick a book style and go with that. I pick and chose what kind of format I wanted for each page. Does that make sense?
i'm glad you were able to use the sight and liked it too!
love ya
Bek, I am so glad you gave Daddy the books for Christmas since he has enjoyed them so much. If I ever write something noteworthy in my blog I will have to make books too.
the title pic is so sweet.
An
What a great idea, Bek! Looks like they turned out great! I'll have to keep that in mind! ;)
This is SUCH a great idea!
I'm clearly computer illiterate though...I'm trying to do begin a book and I can't get it to slurp from my blog. I choose the "blogger" option and then it asks you to sign into your blog so I did. But then it says that my username and password don't work with the blog service. What am I doing wrong?
hmmm...I don't know what's wrong mindy. I wonder if it would have anything to do with your blog being private? Maybe you might have to make it public just while you have it slurped and then make it private again. sorry i'm not sure what's wrong!
I LOOOVE YOUR BOOKS. Everytime we babysit we read them and look at all the pictures. It's such a cool idea!
No way! It's so crazy, I just randomly checked your blog tonight and saw this post... and I JUST made my blog book today on Blurb! I was thinking yesterday that I really wanted to see if there were any websites out there that would convert my blog into a book. I googled it, and found this website, and so worked on it all day today and am happy to report that I ordered it about 4 hours ago. Mine covers years 2005-2010, and so I had the maximum amount of pages, which is 440! I can't believe it. But I'm so glad I did it and can't wait until my book arrives. =) Wish I would have stumbled upon your post a few days earlier, then I could have cut out my research!
Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.
Post a Comment