*

Friday, June 01, 2012

What We're Up To



Well, this blog has been pretty inactive again...I guess I just need to admit to myself that I am not as good at this as I used to be. :) Oh well...that's not the worst thing that could happen right?
But just to update whoever reads this and doesn't know, in April, we bought a new place. We are going to be moving sometime at the end of the summer or fall...or if things go badly, hopefully by the end of the year! Haha! I really don't see that happening, but need to be prepared for the possibility right? It's an old Sears and Roebuck home from the 1940 - 1950s. We're not exactly sure. It sits on a 1.2 acre lot and is surrounded by fields...so we are in the country :) . The reason we aren't moving until later is that Matt is taking his summer to do some work on the house...just to make it a little more space friendly for a family with soon to be 5 kids. I think it'd be fun to take pictures throughout the whole process but Matt says he'd prefer I just post them at the end when things are pretty much done...rather than everyone who reads this blog keeping an eye on his daily progress...or non-progress! Ok Honey...


So, for now, here are just a few shots of the outside and yard.

Here's how it looked about a month ago.
 Here it is from the side This picture shows the entrance to the basement and the one into the mudroom.
 There is a small little "barn" on the property...not sure if it's really legitimately a barn but that's what we wanna-be-farmers are calling it. :)
 Here's a look into our barn...kind of a mess. But will be so fun to someday have chickens or rabbits maybe?
 For now, Garrison is the only chicken using the space :)
 These two have become such great pals the last few months. It's been so fun to watch them run around together playing and making memories together. They have their share of fighting but thankfully, they seem to make up pretty quickly.
 One thing I love about the place is there are a few big old trees...the only one that kind of freaks me out is this one because we think this may be a huge growth of poison ivy growing up the tree. Not sure...we may have to do a google search to confirm. I'd rather not just go rub myself up into it to find out.
So, if you wonder why it's quiet here on the blog...it's probably because we are working at the house or something. As things come along, I will post pictures.

We feel blessed to have found this spot...kind of a dream place really. Lots of fruit trees and just enough space to enjoy it without becoming overwhelmed by it. It's only about 10 minutes from the edge of town so we are not out in the boonies!

So, have a great weekend everyone! If you ever think of us for some reason, we'd appreciate a prayer for safety as Matt works on the house this summer! Thank you!!

-Bek

7 comments:

smw said...

absolutley wonderful!! so cozy and fun looking. can't wait to visit the new homestead. :)

Sandra said...

awesome!! I am certain it will look outstanding when you two get done with it. FYI...we have poison ivy like crazy here. If you ever find your kids, your hubby or you getting it, let me know and I'll tell you what WORKS to help get rid of it:). Sadly we have ALL had it here(minus Ellie of course), but I am certain with three brothers she will have it sooner than I want her to have it. Look forward to seeing pictures of finished projects.

Tami said...

I can comment!!! Love the post, and Bek, that last tree is SUPER freaky! Yikes!! I say chop it down and have some good wood for all those night I'm going to be visiting...remember? With me on the couch, and you in the kitchen? ;)

sarah.flyingkites said...

This is SOO exciting! I'm going to love to see the progress! The house looks wonderful!

Rebekah said...

Sandra, I think I'm going to have to get your tips on the poison ivy! I have gotten it on my legs and neck! eeeks!!

And Tam, of course I'm remembering the visions of our cosy nights with you on my couch :)

heidi said...

So fun, can't wait to see the progress!

djkl rassi said...

Yay for summer house projects!! (grin) We are so excited for you guys. It's been so fun for us to make this place ours little by little and we look forward to swapping stories with ya sometime! Keep dreaming! :)

Janelle Rassi