*

Thursday, November 29, 2007

God's Goodness



I just needed to update all of you who wrote such nice comments on my last post. By the way, I didn't mean to make everyone cry!! I told my sis, Tami, that I felt so much better after writing that I didn't realize how it was going to make everyone else feel. But thank you all for the wonderful things you had to say about my Mom. It still amazes me how many people she impacted and touched. It's nice to know I"m not the only one who misses her.

As for the update...the day after my post, I got a call from Dad Kaufmann. He said, "I just read your post....I wanted you to know that I have those e-mails." I cannot tell you how excited I was! I don't know if Dad could tell I was crying on the other end. I was trying to say something and couldn't get anything out so he went on to explain that he doesn't know why he kept them (I had given him a copy of them when Heidi and Jarod got engaged in case he could use any of it in their wedding service) but when he read my post he remembered that he still had them in a file.

I can't tell you how thankful I am for them!! I felt like I understood the verse in Isaiah a little better that says, "And therefore will the Lord wait, that he may be gracious unto you..." (Isaiah 30:18) I felt like it was God's way of showing me that He is very aware of my loss and wanted me to have that connection through those e-mails restored. I treasure them so much more than I did before. So, in the end, the waiting made them more special.

I just wanted you all to know what happenned so you could know about His goodness too!

-Bek

19 comments:

Jessica said...

"oh that men would praise the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men"!!! (ps107:8) How fantastic of God to give you this gift! This post made me cry just as much as the last one. I am so thankful!

Mindy said...

Praise the Lord! What a precious gift! I'm so thankful that you have those letters to read again, what a blessing! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Just for the record....I didn't cry.

Amber said...

how cool . . .Tami would call that a "love letter from God."

: )

Tami said...

yes amber...i most definitely would!!! you know me well. just for the record...i cried both times. :)

Anonymous said...

That is so neat Rebekah. God is awesome!

Anonymous said...

The above comment was mine, sorry about that.

Jami said...

God is GOOD! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Bekah was telling me about this at Thanksgiving last weekend...what an amazing exampleof God's faithfulness! I wanted to talk to you last weekend, but never got around to it. I greatly appreciated your last post, but it was very difficult at the same time. I'm not there yet, but I've already had many thoughts about what life will be like without my Dad...He's always been handy at everything, and had an answer or 'conclusion' for any situation! It made me realize how much I need to be thankful for our parents, families & friends. How I need to cling to each relationship & allow them to grow! I've always thought how strong you girls are/were after your Mom passed away - but deep down I know you must hurt & struggle. Just know we will be praying for your family...we praise God for the HOPE that you all have to be with your Mom forever & ever!
And don't ever feel bad for 'spilling'! Like you said, it makes you feel so much better =)
We Love You guys!

Anonymous said...

rebekah,
I have to say that i was SO THRILLED about the emails. I remember you telling me that you couldn't find them, and how sad i have been about it. I ache inside just to think how special that is for you to find such a treasure again...how wonderful to have a special father in law who cares so deeply too.
kristy, i feel so much for you and can't imagine what you are going through with your dad. We didn't know it was going to be my mom's time to go, but I don't know which is harder to have them go so unexpectedly or to watch them struggle. We think of you and pray for you. We always say that one reason to bless the Lord in hard times is that your area of ministry is enlarged.
love both of you- heidi

Leslie Ringger said...

i ended up reading both your posts while at work today, waiting for a group of young school kids to come in and paint. "Lord," i kept praying, "don't let them come now because i look like a blubbering fool!" how funny would it be for these kids to bop into the store all excited only to see me sitting behind the desk crying like a baby! i have to say i love your heart! i also love how God never seems to be oblivious to what we're going through, and always knows just when to reveal bits of joy. when i read how He restored your emails i almost jump out of my chair i was so pumped! praise God!

L, Ann and boys said...

I was very glad to read this post after the last.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing, it is so important. Love -JennyG

Daish said...

Rebekah-
Stu and I just read both of your posts. We cried. It felt good. Thanks. I agree with what Leslie said, I love your heart. I know and believe the Lord loves me and cares for me as I do Creed (but way better)...yet at times I can tell I act as if I don't believe it. I'll feel a dark cloud of fear coming over me, and everything starts to feel out of control and scary...and I mean everything:) It was so nice to be reminded of how much He does care. I felt myself relax. He's pretty amazing. I sure like Him. :)

Sandra said...

God is Good!! What a neat outcome to that. THanks for sharing.

Sandra said...

I know this has nothing to do with this post.....but Mindy just told me that you guys are expecting??? And its going to be a boy??? HOW EXCITING!!! Congratulations...so happy for you both.

Marla H. said...

That's wonderful! I hadn't checked up on my blogging gals lately, and Andy said you have to read Rebekah's latest post(the one before this one). I read it. It was so sad, but I am so glad you got those emails now!!!! PTL!!!!

Jessica said...

I am ready for another...Would yo rather, question! :) they are so funny!

smw said...

well, this is the second post in a row that's made me cry. thanks for all the messages from you heart. i love you tons,
~shar