so, here's the first thing. I got a new IPhone recently...for, get this, 1 cent! It was time for an upgrade and as long as I was willing to continue on with a two year contract and go with a 3GS that had a cosmetic blemish (which I still haven't figured out where it is), I could get one for a cent! Not bad! So, Matt and I dropped our land line and we are down to our cell phones.
It has become the joke that my IPhone can do anything! Matt has started to worry that it's going to replace him...I told him that he still kisses better than the iPhone...so until they come up with an app that can do that, he's safe...ha ha! I love my Matt...don't you worry!
So, speaking of apps...here are five of my favorite (not counting Angry Birds because that's just a given...)
1. Whatsapp. This has saved me some pennies because it allows me to text for free with anyone else who has this app. It works kind of like instant messaging and you can text in groups. So, if any of you friends out there who text me want to get this app, I'd be so happy!!

2. Fat Booth...Let me start by saying, Matt does not like this app. He thinks it's ridiculous and he's right. But I just think it's so funny...and my kids LOVE it. Basically, you take a picture of someone and then push a button and in just a matter of seconds, you can see yourself at a much heavier weight. Sounds dumb but so funny.

Here's Darci....

Here's a LOVELY picture of me...I don't think I was looking so good even before it made me look fat. So hilarious right! Right? ...Maybe you're all going to agree with Matt on this one.
3. The You Version Bible app. This is such a nice Bible app. It has some nice reading plans that can help you read through the Bible in a certain amount of time, or on a certain topic. My favorite feature though is that you can have it read aloud to you. So, now Max McLean can read to me while I'm driving or getting dressed or cooking...so nice.
4. Magic Piano. A fun little app. You can download a free song every day and "play" them on the "piano". It's kind of hard to explain without seeing it but basically there are little glowing balls that fall down the screen and as you tap them, it plays the music. I think it's so fun and it's easy enough for Josh and Darci to do it too. Just a fun little app.
5. Lose It! I like this app because I tell it how much weight I'd like to lose in what amount of time and it tells me how many calories I can consume in a day. Then, it lets me enter my food and it calculates the calories and I enter my exercise, and it calculates how many calories I burned. It sends me an encouraging e-mail when I've lost any weight or when I've remembered to enter my info daily...hey, I need all the encouragement I can get...even if it is just a random e-mail from a stranger.
And so now that I've talked about my iPhone and apps, here's to my husband and dads as Father's Day is about here. I am so blessed to be married to a man that I am proud to call my husband and a wonderful father to our kids. He loves them so much. Every night, after they are sleeping, he stands by each of their beds and prays for them...that is my favorite picture of him as a father. I am so thankful that he is the leader of our family. Happy Father's day Honey!

2. Fat Booth...Let me start by saying, Matt does not like this app. He thinks it's ridiculous and he's right. But I just think it's so funny...and my kids LOVE it. Basically, you take a picture of someone and then push a button and in just a matter of seconds, you can see yourself at a much heavier weight. Sounds dumb but so funny.

Here's Darci....

Here's a LOVELY picture of me...I don't think I was looking so good even before it made me look fat. So hilarious right! Right? ...Maybe you're all going to agree with Matt on this one.
3. The You Version Bible app. This is such a nice Bible app. It has some nice reading plans that can help you read through the Bible in a certain amount of time, or on a certain topic. My favorite feature though is that you can have it read aloud to you. So, now Max McLean can read to me while I'm driving or getting dressed or cooking...so nice.
5. Lose It! I like this app because I tell it how much weight I'd like to lose in what amount of time and it tells me how many calories I can consume in a day. Then, it lets me enter my food and it calculates the calories and I enter my exercise, and it calculates how many calories I burned. It sends me an encouraging e-mail when I've lost any weight or when I've remembered to enter my info daily...hey, I need all the encouragement I can get...even if it is just a random e-mail from a stranger.
And so now that I've talked about my iPhone and apps, here's to my husband and dads as Father's Day is about here. I am so blessed to be married to a man that I am proud to call my husband and a wonderful father to our kids. He loves them so much. Every night, after they are sleeping, he stands by each of their beds and prays for them...that is my favorite picture of him as a father. I am so thankful that he is the leader of our family. Happy Father's day Honey!
And Happy Father's Day to my two Dads.
You both are such wonderful Grandpas to our kids and such wise fathers to all of us. Thank you for loving all of us and for being the Godly leaders in our families that you are! We love you!
(Dad K. on vacation last summer letting the kids watch themselves on this Droid)
(Dad K. on vacation last summer letting the kids watch themselves on this Droid)
(Dad I. at the wedding reception we had last summer, dancing with Aria)
And as last little side note to this very random and crazy post, on Ed's blog this week, he encouraged fathers to turn off their media on father's day to really be engaged with their families. I thought it would be a great idea if I turned off my media for the day too...I think I tend to be a little more distracted by that than he is. Anybody else want to join me in turning off our computers and other "noise" as a small gift to our fathers on Father's Day?
Have a great weekend!!
-Bek
5 comments:
Bek, I tried to post, and somehow I erased it...but to make a long comment short...I loved your three fold post!
I like the idea of turning off our electronics...I have help though. My phone has run out of battery and the movers packed my charger!
Good ideas for phone apps, when we get ours this fall we'll get the texting app.
Booxy
I was actually going to do a post on my favorite apps and you beat me to it!! Love it!
Great post!! Shane just surprised me with the iphone & I love it too!! Thanks for sharing your favorite apps. One of my favs is Grocery IQ. (you can make list at multiple stores). Also Instagram (Vintage photo maker) and Words with Friends (basically Scrabble with your friends)....so much fun!
you look so classy at whit's wedding. i was thinking that you always look so put together and tailored. maybe you could send me tips to keep in mind while shopping. or where you shop, or what you look for in clothes. :)
Post a Comment