*

Monday, January 12, 2009

Winter in Florida



Well, Matt and I braved the long drive to Florida again this year. We were a little cautious to get our hopes up for warm weather after last year being a huge dissapointment. You might recall that last year we had 40 degree weather most of the time we were there...which was pretty much the same weather they were having in Illinois at that same time.
But, we were not dissapointed...the weather was BEAUTIFUL the entire time we were there. It made the drive worth it. Here are some pictures I took while we were there.
Both Josh and Darci got bikes for Christmas. So we took them along.
Here is Darci trying out her trike.
Josh was very cautious

I think he's saying, "Dad, don't let go! Don't let go!"


Ready with his helmet.



Aria scooting around the condo.




Matt swimming with Darci and Josh





They like to hang on him while moving around the pool






I like this one of my boys







Josh hanging out with Daddy








Aria loved the water and was always a little sad to get out of the pool. She slept great every night because she was so wiped out from "swimming" every day.









Josh riding on Matt's back...seriously, he is like a koala the way he likes to hang on. He's actually a great swimmer on his own.

Matt playing with the kids at the neighborhood park.

I love Darci's expression here.
This was our first day in Florida I think. Josh was just running all around...so happy to be out of the van!

Aria enjoying her bottle out in the warm weather.

Oh, Florida...I miss you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful time!! I'm so glad you had beautiful weather. :) We just decided that we are going to brave it and drive down to FL with our 3 kiddos in a few weeks. It should be interesting ;)

Mindy said...

That looks so beautiful! I am sick of winter and ready for summer! :) Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

When I see someone blog or talk about how warm and beautiful it was while they were here in Florida on vacation I can't help but feel proud of my new home state. I have almost lived here for a whole year.

I wish I could have seen you guys when you were here, but as I found out from Tami, you were here the exact week I was in Illinois over Christmas.

Tami said...

bek...love the pictures, and like you, i've been missing florida too. we should definitely take another trip. :) sooner than later, preferably!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you finally posted Bek...and it was nice to see the pictures of Florida...I decided I should plan on going sometime this spring, since we didn't go this christmas.

I also didn't realize I was 7 months pregnant until I saw the picture in your last post of me cutting out Christmas cookies...oh wait, I am not. I even fooled myself...gotta get out the old Pilates dvd again.

-Heidi

Anonymous said...

Well done Heidi, good post, you just cracked me up.