*

Monday, July 27, 2009

A Query



Thank you for all the congratulations! I am truly touched!

I have a question for you readers. We have a couple of old couches in our basement that we really don't want any more. They are about 20 years old and not in the greatest condition. We don't feel like they are worth money and we don't want to offer them to someone because they just aren't that comfortable. (they aren't in terrible condition...the seat cushions don't fit real snugly anymore and therefore they always look a little sloppy. Just not real comfortable to sit on) So, what do you do when you want to get rid of a heavy sleeper couch and a love seat? We can't put them on our curb because our trash company can't take away such big stuff. Do you know if there are people that would come and take it away? What do we do?

I'd love your advice.

thanks,
Bek

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The world relief distribution center in goodfield will take them. They allow drop offs every 1st and 3rd Saturday. Which would be this Saturday.

Brooke said...

Recycling for Families - I think this is the right link: http://www.recyclingfurnitureforfamilies.org/ They will pick up furniture and home stuff technically for free I believe, but they do ask for a small donation since it is a nonprofit organization.

Luke said...

Those are both great suggestions, but I was thinking bonfire. A really really big manly type bonfire.

:-) But maybe your friendly neighborhood fireman wouldn't approve.

smw said...

our salvation army calls occasionally and asks if we have any big items that they could come pick up. maybe you could call them and ask if they would come and get it.

Jessica said...

I was going to suggest Recycling for families too! We have used it and its great and easy!

Katie said...

the mission will come to your house and get them too

Ashley Baner said...

I have seen stuff like that on Craig's list also! About your last post...I then had a dream that Kate and David were due in Feb!! Maybe it will come true!! Congrats!

Mrs. Hany said...

hey, I just read about the new little addition!!! Congratulations and I hope that you are feeling well!

Unknown said...

What about Habitat for Humanity? I do believe they would be interested...you could give them a call too.?