This past Friday night, Matt and I hosted my Bible Study group and their husbands for a Valentines' dinner. It was so much fun...lots of laughs as always. This is the 4th year we've done this (my 3rd year to host) and it's always such a great night.
Preparing for the night was so much fun for me. The last hour got a little hairy as I seemed to be running out of time...but my sisters were here to rescue me as Tam took my kids downstairs for a slumber party and Heidi helped sweep my floor and wipe up my kitchen floor. Thank you girls...you helped me not be frazzled when the company came!
Part of the preparation for the night involved some of this....
coasters?

nope. name tags. They were the name "cards" at their plate and then I had these pins I had bought around Christmas time that I hadn't used, so I decided to make them into something they could pin to their shirt during the night.

Here's mine...the front...

and the back. I put each girls' husband's name on the back close to their heart. :) (I know...a little cheesy maybe...but fun nevertheless!)

Here was my less than excited model. I had interrupted her movie.

I hung cafe lights to make it feel a little "cafe-ish". I was serving a French recipe that I got from my new Williams Sonoma cookbook so I kind of went with the cafe theme for decorating. I've never been to France so this was just my rendition of what it might be like. I put potted herbs as center pieces...you know so I can use them in the spring to plant...so it's not money spent on something just for one night.

we pushed two tables together and squeezed in all around the tables. It was a little tight but fun to all be in the same room. I borrowed goblets from my Dad and Rika and Tami and silverwear from Heidi because I don't have 16 of anything.
nope. name tags. They were the name "cards" at their plate and then I had these pins I had bought around Christmas time that I hadn't used, so I decided to make them into something they could pin to their shirt during the night.
Here's mine...the front...
and the back. I put each girls' husband's name on the back close to their heart. :) (I know...a little cheesy maybe...but fun nevertheless!)
Here was my less than excited model. I had interrupted her movie.
I hung cafe lights to make it feel a little "cafe-ish". I was serving a French recipe that I got from my new Williams Sonoma cookbook so I kind of went with the cafe theme for decorating. I've never been to France so this was just my rendition of what it might be like. I put potted herbs as center pieces...you know so I can use them in the spring to plant...so it's not money spent on something just for one night.
we pushed two tables together and squeezed in all around the tables. It was a little tight but fun to all be in the same room. I borrowed goblets from my Dad and Rika and Tami and silverwear from Heidi because I don't have 16 of anything.
9 comments:
As always, I'm AMAZED! Thanks so much for posting these pictures...so beautiful!
(Love your dining room - don't think it was painted last time we were there...?)
thanks Sarah! your're right...we just painted it...another reason it was nice to be stuck at home during the blizzard!
So fun to see the pictures large enough to tell what they looked like! You're an amazing host, Bek!!! Thanks for letting your kids hang out with me...wounded an all! :)
Looks so fun! So glad it all went so well again. You did such a great job with all the name tags...so cute!
i can't wait to see your house again sometime. it looks like you've done such cool stuff.
truly, your house and decor all look like it's done to the level expected in a magazine. such talent!
can't wait to see you this weekend!
Looks great Rebekah! Love, Jenny
Thanks for all your efforts, this night is always high on my list of things I can't wait to do! Your food was amazing and the decor breathtaking! We had a lovely evening!!! You are both such gracious hosts. I love seeing the pics here so I can remember how beautiful it all was. Thanks again. Love, Sharon
Your dining room looks like it is straight out of Pottery Barn! You are one talented lady! THanks so much for hosting! It was such a highlight.
so cool. everything about this is just sooo cool.
Post a Comment